I made up this recipe up a while back, based on some others I like but was pretty impressed with them & wanted to make another batch today. My son devoured them and begged for more. Given, he is obsessed with both bananas AND dark chocolate... Give them a shot and let me know if they're a hit at your house too!
Banana Chip Muffins
2 medium mashed bananas
1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Mini Chips or Dark Chocolate Morsels both work great or cut up a dark chocolate bar, or make your own)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Whisk eggs, banana, butter/coconut oil, vanilla, & maple syrup in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon and stir until well combined.
4. Gently fold chocolate chips into the batter.
4. Scoop 1/4 cup of the batter into 12 muffin cups lined with parchment muffin papers. Don't use regular muffin papers with gluten-free baking. Half the muffin will end up stuck to the cup when you try to take it out to eat.
5. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until slightly golden on top.
Makes 12 muffins