Wednesday, December 31, 2014
So it all started when I decided to mix things up with a chocolate bar purchase that would be different from my usual 85% Green & Blacks. I ended up buying one of those Endangered Species dark chocolate bars with mint and it was delicious. Naturally, I then decided to try making my own since I don't love that, that brand has soy lecithin in it and also isn't as dark of chocolate as I typically like to eat.
I found many "paleo peppermint bark" -type recipes online but none of them were quite what I was looking for... Super simple, minty, with a crunch, and YUM. With that in mind, this recipe is what I came up with and it's only 3 ingredients (depending on how you count them)! Mission accomplished! Thank me (or hate me) later :D
1 cup dark chocolate (you can make your own with this recipe, melt a Green & Blacks bar or use something like the Enjoy Life brand of chocolate chips)
10 drops of peppermint essential oil (or 1/2 tsp peppermint extract)
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler).
2. Remove from heat and stir in the peppermint and cacao nibs.
3. Pour the chocolate mixture onto a sheet of parchment paper.
4. Let cool until the chocolate is set.
5. Break into bark pieces and enjoy!