I looked at the new health food store that just opened here and the gluten-free buns had a bunch of ingredients I tend to stay away from. They are also really high-carb, which just doesn't keep my body in its best place (grumbly tummy, large, inflammation, etc.). So I started googling for an easy bun option to try. It worked awesome and was SUPER easy! My husband said we hit a home run on this one so I had to share it :) Drop me a note on what you think!
Gluten-free, Low-Carb Hamburger Bun
Ingredients (for one bun)
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1 tablespoon blanched almond flour
1 tablespoon coconut oil, olive oil, or melted butter (I used olive oil)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix all ingredients together using a hand blender or small food processor (I used a whisk and small bowl). Let the batter settle for a few minutes to thicken.
3. Split the mixture into two and spoon onto oiled parchment paper to make two 3-inch diameter pools of batter.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
5. Use each piece as the top and bottom of a burger bun.
6. Pile on the fixin's and enjoy!
I will warn you... once you start eating, it can be difficult (and you won't want to) set it down!