I learned a few things I'll do differently next time (shared below) but overall, it was a definite success! Maybe I'll get it just right so I can post a perfect picture of it next time, but for now... you get the less pretty, real deal!
I made half the recipe and put it in a 9x9 baking dish, which worked pretty well and made about 4 servings. Let me know what you think!
Chicken Pot Pie
3 cups Almond Flour
3 cups Tapioca or Arrowroot Flour
1/4 cup Tallow, Lard or Butter
2 teaspoons Onion Powder (optional, I'm leaving it out next time)
2 teaspoons Garlic Powder (optional, I'm leaving it out next time)
2 teaspoons Sea Salt
1 teaspoon White Pepper
1/4 cup Water
3 cups Shredded/Chopped Chicken
2 tablespoons Butter, Ghee or Coconut Oil
6 cups Chopped Veggies (fresh/frozen: onion, celery, carrot, green beans, peas, etc)
4 cups Chicken or Turkey Gravy
Sea Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Lightly grease a large (deep) baking dish, or 6, 6-in. pie pans if you have them.
3. Combine all the crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine until dough will hold together when squeezed in your hand.
4. Transfer dough to counter top or into a large bowl and knead gently into a dough. Dough will be smooth, add additional water or tapioca as needed.
5. Chill dough in the fridge for 15-30 minutes (don't skip this step!).
6. In a large skillet, over medium heat, lightly cook vegetables in butter, season well with salt & pepper
7. Add chicken and gravy to vegetables, stir well to combine, remove from heat and set aside.
8. Divide the crust dough into 2 portions.
9. Roll 1 portion (in-between layers of wax paper) into a large circle and gently press into the bottom of the baking dish.
10. Add the filing mixture to the baking dish.
11. Cover the pot pie with the other rolled out circle of dough, crimp the edges and cut a few slits in the top. (My dough was too warm at this point and kept falling to pieces, hence my not as pretty picture, so make sure the dough is chilled enough for this step!)
12. Place pot pie on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.