In looking for a peach recipe to try, I wanted to have something a little different for breakfast and this is the recipe I found on the Primally Inspired blog. It was sooooo ridiculously delicious and tasted like we were having dessert for breakfast. Kind of dangerous around here... :) I had some left over coconut milk whipped cream in the fridge, so I threw a dollop on top as well! I will definitely be adding this one to our list of favorites and "mixing things up list" from our typical breakfasts! Kid approval, guaranteed!
Peach Breakfast Bake
4 peaches, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons coconut oil
4 tablespoons pure maple syrup or sweetener of choice
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup nuts (I used sliced almonds since I was out of walnuts or pecans)
¼ cup sunflower seeds (I used raw pumpkins seeds since I was out of sunflower seeds too...)
¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
2 tablespoons coconut flour
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or sweetener of choice
5 tablespoons butter/ghee/coconut oil, melted
½ teaspoon cinnamon
pinch sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place coconut oil and peaches in a 9x13 baking dish.
3. Whip just the egg whites until peaks form with a stand mixer (or hand mixer).
4. While the whites are whipping, mix together the yolks, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla.
5. Once peaks form for the egg whites, fold in the yolk mixture.
6. Mix just until incorporated. Do not overmix at this point (approx. 5 seconds with a stand mixer)
7. Place the egg mixture all over the peaches.
8 Bake for 15 minutes.
9. While it's baking, mix all the topping ingredients together.
10. After 15 minutes is up, gently place the topping all over the eggs.
11. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked through.