I did not make enough zucchini noodles so there was way too much sauce. Make sure you've got enough "noodles" prepared or I'd definitely suggest keeping the sauce on the side and serving it to each individual plate, otherwise... you end up with way too much sauce like I did. Hence, the not so pretty picture of it for this post. But I don't try to get perfect shots of the food I make. I just want it to be real. Anywho... lesson learned :) Otherwise, it had great flavor, was warm and savory, so I was quite happy with it. Enjoy!
Chicken & Zucchini Butternut Fettuccine
1 medium butternut squash
3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced (about 1 tsp)
2 teaspoons dried rosemary
1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
½ cup vegetable or chicken broth
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 pound shiitake mushrooms, sliced (optional)
3 pounds zucchini, spiralized into fettuccine
Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Slice butternut squash in half lengthwise. Grease a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and then lay butternut squash (cut side down) on sheet pan.
3. Roast for 30 - 45 minutes, until squash is tender and flesh can easily be pierced with a fork.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to a pan over medium heat.
8. Add the sauteed garlic & onions, rosemary, coconut milk, broth, and salt to a blender with the butternut squash flesh. Blend until smooth.
9. Add the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil to a large pan & cook the diced chicken.
13. Garnish with freshly-ground black pepper and serve warm.