We're excited for our new adventure but it is certainly a lot of work to move in general & especially that far. So that's pretty much where all of my focus & energy has been going lately.
We also found out last week that we're having a baby GIRL this Thanksgiving! I'm super excited but was definitely surprised, since my husband had convinced me we were having another boy. Lots of good things going on but super busy. I'm excited to get moved and then take some time to just chill... Hopefully I'll sleep better as well without so much on my mind :D
A friend of mine shared the link to this recipe on Facebook recently from the blog Elana's Pantry and so I decided to try it & take them to a neighborhood event. I was asked for the recipe there, so here it is as promised! One of these days I'm planning on trying out her macadamia nut version of this recipe. Talk about delicious and packed with protein & quality fats! Enjoy!
2 cups raw almonds (or macadamia nuts)
½ cup golden flaxmeal
1 cup dark chocolate chunks (optional, I made my chocolate with this recipe)
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup creamy roasted almond butter (or macadamia nut butter)
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup coconut oil
4 drops stevia (I used about 1 teaspoon of powdered stevia)
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Place almonds, flax meal, shredded coconut, almond butter and salt in a food processor
2. Pulse briefly, about 10 seconds
3. Add remaining ingredients, except for the chocolate, into the food processor and pulse until ingredients form a coarse paste
4. Press mixture into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish
5. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour, until mixture hardens
6. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate over very low heat, stirring continuously
7. Spread melted chocolate over bars; return to refrigerator for 30 minutes, until chocolate hardens
8. Remove from refrigerator, cut into bars and serve.