I was craving these awesome cookies they made at my old job, so I decided to find a recipe I could modify, so I could enjoy a little indulgence but with real food ingredients!
These cookies are so soft, chewy and sinfully delicious! I think they have become my new favorite cookie to make at home. My son really loved sharing them with me. I may have created a monster with these... ;0)
If you have kids around, you've got to try these out and let me know how much they love them!
Macadamia Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (I used the Mega Chunks this time, or make your own chocolate like this)
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Mix the coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla with a mixer or in a food processor.
3. Add coconut & almond flour (if using) and mix well.
4. Add coconut, macadamia nuts and chocolate chunks / chips. Stir gently to combine.
5. Scoop cookies onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Note: they won’t spread or rise, so they will cook in whatever shape you place them in.
6. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until nice golden brown.