Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls with Tomato Cranberry Sauce
1 head savoy or green cabbage
1 cup grated cauliflower
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1 lb ground beef
1-2 cloves garlic-finely diced
1/2 onion, finely diced
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 32 oz can crushed or diced tomatoes
1 cup simple cranberry sauce (recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Fill a large pot with 2 inches of water (use a steamer basket if you have one), and steam the whole cabbage leave until they are soft (not mushy). Set aside to cool.
3. While the cabbage is steaming, saute the cauliflower in a large skillet over medium heat for just a few minutes until slightly softened. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine the ground beef, cooked cauliflower, garlic, onion, rosemary and more sea salt and pepper until well mixed.
5. Fill the end of the leafs with approximately 1/4-1/3 cup of the beef mixture and roll it up like a burrito. Lay the cabbage rolls in a deep oven safe dish with the tucked side down.
6. Combine the tomatoes and simple cranberry sauce and pour over the cabbage rolls.
7. Place the entire dish in the oven and cover with foil or a lid. Bake for about 45 min or until the meat is cooked all the way through.
Simple Cranberry Sauce
15-16 oz fresh cranberries (I used frozen)
Organic honey or maple syrup to taste (about 1-4 tablespoons)
In a medium-sized pot, simmer the cranberries until all the berries have POPPED open and the texture is gelatinous. Add the honey or maple syrup to taste.
How has the SANE eating challenge been going? Has it been hard? I think the most important question is, what did you learn from the challenge? I'd love to read your comments :)