If you've been sleep-deprived for a long time, it will likely take longer than a week of improved & longer sleep to feel consistently more alert throughout the day and to help get hormones firing at the right times again. It's worth it, so keep it up!
I can't believe this week is already over! On to the next challenge...
We know that at some point it's going to hit... a snack attack! Hopefully, we're doing our bodies justice by keeping them nourished with the best satiating foods but inevitably, we're going to need a snack at some point. We definitely don't want to get caught unprepared! So the challenge for the week is to have snacks all ready to go for when that moment comes. You may want to prepare a few in the evenings or pick an hour one day and get a bunch of snacks ready.
There are few pre-packaged items I consider a healthful snack because of all the chemicals, random fillers, preservatives, and sugar that end up in them. Here's some ideas of snacks we like to have ready:
- Veggies - I typically pre-bag baby carrots, celery sticks, cucumbers, & bell peppers
- Fruit - Usually berries, apples, or citrus
- Almond butter (2 T serving)- I typically eat it with celery or an apple
- Coconut butter - It's really delicious with apples
- Nuts - 1/4 cup is a good serving size
- Boiled egg
- 85% Dark chocolate - Green & Blacks brand is amazing!