My mom makes a Cranberry Orange Salad and I decided to make a similar one and throw in some raspberries because I had them. It has such a beautiful rich color, that looks great during the holidays! Both of these "recipes' are approximations since I basically just dumped ingredients in and tasted as I went. As always, I hope you enjoy! I'd love to hear what you think and any of your own variations you come up with!
Sweet Potato Bisque
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 chopped onion
3 cups water
2 tsp chicken bouillon
2 cups cooked sweet potatoes
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk (you can always add more if you want it creamier or omit it)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Melt coconut oil in a medium sized pot on medium-low heat.
2. Saute the onions for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
3. Put water, onions, bouillon, sweet potatoes, & cinnamon in a blender.
4. Blend for approximately 90 seconds (use soup setting on blender if available)
5. Pour blended mixture into the medium pot and add coconut milk & salt and pepper.
6. Heat through & serve!
Cran-Raspberry Orange Salad
1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
2 cups frozen or fresh cranberries
Juice from 1/2 a lemon (optional)
1 tablespoon maple syrup (could also use honey, agave, stevia, xylitol)
Put all ingredients into a food processor or blender. Blend until the fruit is just slightly chunky. Enjoy!
Still keeping up with a planned or random act of kindness each day this week? What are some of the things you've done so far? I hope you're enjoying it and finding creative ways to make someone's day!