I use coconut milk for smoothies, curry, stir fries, sunshine sauce, coconut cream (to replace whipped cream), you name it! Some people even use it to make homemade, hormone-friendly shampoo! It's just two ingredients and only takes a few minutes to blend. This recipes makes approximately 2 cups which is what you would get from 1 can you'd buy. I referenced the recipe from The Paleo Mom but doubled it to get a full can worth of coconut milk. The less often I have to make it, the better!
Homemade Full-Fat Coconut Milk
1 1/2 cups finely shredded unsweetened dried coconut
2 1/2 cups boiled water
1. Place coconut into a blender.
2. Add freshly boiled, very hot water to coconut.
3. Blend on high for about 5 minutes (I blended for 50 seconds at a time, gave the motor of my Blendtec a few seconds break, and then repeated).
4. Pour pulp into a Nut-Milk Bag or Cheesecloth (or other chosen strainer) suspended over a glass bowl, mason jar, or measuring cup (have your strainer suspended over your bowl before you pour in the pulp).
5. You can either let gravity do its thing or you can squeeze the pulp through your bag or cheesecloth to release to coconut milk (let the pulp cool a little before doing this).
6. If not being used immediately, store coconut milk in a glass jar in the fridge (the jar is great for shaking up later). Enjoy!