Tuesday, December 17, 2013
I haven't made this one in a while but was in the mood for its cinnamon spice goodness! It goes great with milk (all kinds - cows milk if your tolerate it, almond milk, coconut milk) as a cereal or is also great served as granola over yogurt. We may or may not enjoy just snacking on it as well... ;) And if you're not into eggs in the morning, or want another option to mix things up, give this one a try!
Grain-Free Granola / Cereal
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 cup honey
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
2 cups of a combination of sliced almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, cashews, or whatever nuts and seeds you have (I used approx. 1 cup of pumpkin seeds, 1/2 cup cashews, & 1/2 cup sliced almonds)
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Whisk coconut oil, vanilla, & honey in a medium sized bowl
3. Add all other ingredients to bowl & mix well
4. Spread mixture (about 1 inch thick) onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until toasty brown, stirring half way through
6. Let cool with the mixture close together. Once fully cooled, it can be broken into smaller pieces if preferred.
Serving size: ½ cup
How has the eating out challenge been going so far this week? Did you do your Monday meal planning?