Tuesday, November 5, 2013
I love almond butter! Beware, once you start making your own, you'll never want almond butter from the store ever again :) It's super easy to make too!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pour a layer of raw almonds onto a baking sheet.
3. Bake for 10 min, stir the almonds around & bake for 10 more min (or longer or less depending on how you want it to taste, I like a more burnt almond taste so I toast them a bit longer).
4. Let almonds cool, then run them through a Champion Juicer (with the blank in), food processor, or blender.
5. Spread on apple slices, celery, or whatever fits your fancy!
Awesome, right? You don't even need to add salt or sweetener. It tastes so good on its own!
Note: The almonds must be toasted for them to release their oil & make a nice butter.